Friday, May 02, 2008

Quick File Chooser in NetBeans 6.1

I'm on a roll today, but I thought I'd drop this tip as well.

I'm a big fan of the NetBeans Quick File Chooser plugin, it makes it oh-so-easy to open up a file without having to detach my fingers from the keyboard. So, if you Google for the plugin, you'll find Tor's recommendation of the same; however, you can't find it on the Plugin Center . So, what if you really wanted to use the Quick File Chooser, in NetBeans 6.1, what should you do ? In the past, I've always copied the plugin with my netbeans preferences from the previous version that I've used, and it's worked OK. However, I decided on a clean NetBeans install on my home laptop, and I couldn't get my hands on it.

So, I followed a tip from Octavian's blog , added the Netbeans Latest Build update center, and ... voila, the Quick File Chooser is in the list of available plugins. Since it doesn't depend on any of the features of 6.1+ code, it works great in 6.1 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment